Friday 27 April 2012

Signs of a commitment phobe
I’ve been going on a few dates with a guy. 6 in fact but 3 of those have been in groups. Do those count? Anyway I digress... we have yet to kiss but he is talking about furniture shopping. Furniture shopping... TOGETHER.
I know I am in my thirties and I should be grateful to have this attention but did I mention I’m a commitment phobe? I have trouble to commit plans to a Saturday night. In my commitment phobe eyes, furniture shopping is practically the next step before you move in together. . Furniture shopping implies he cares about my opinion. Furniture shopping means I’ll have my mark stamped all over his apartment which if i'm not in it for the long haul means I should decline. Furniture shopping could mean he may be thinking of us in his apartment TOGETHER with the sunday paper in hand.  Furniture shopping could mean he has perhaps thought of us getting married TOGETHER... furniture shopping could mean he has thought of our babies that we would have TOGETHER and commitment phobe can't breath... BREATH DAMNIT BREATH!!

OK BREATHING...

Ok, commitment phobe has also considered that furniture shopping could also mean he has no decor clue and needs a female opinion... I'm praying it is the last one.  
As a commitment phobe it strikes me as odd that I'm the only one who is feeling this. Surely men are supposed to run through the "Sortie" the minute they see a sign of commitment.  I mean seriously… when did guys become women and women become men? I long for the days of a grizzly bear kind of man who wouldn't know what Christian Louboutins are,who thinks that cleanser is something you use to clean the tyres and the only thing he wants me to buy with him is his spearmint chewing gum. I want a man who will be a gentleman, who knows how to sort out the plumbing, the tv when it goes on the fritz and carry me in his big bear arms and have his way with me. I do not want for the guy who carries me across the bedroom to say… “Do you like what I did with the cushions? I was going to go for black but then I thought earthy tones.  Do you agree?”. Damn you metrosexuals taking our men…
I am giving the metrosexual a chance because he is a sweetheart of a man, really giving, a gentleman and he does make me feel good. Also I am a firm believer in it is in the kiss so hopefully it is good otherwise I will be looking for the exit door. If the kiss is good then I may be forced to endure furniture shopping whilst trying to keep commitment phobe from running a million miles in the other direction. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment